On a lovely evening, you make plans to take the love of your life out to dinner and ask for her hand in marriage. It’s a momentous occasion and requires careful planning. If you’re also interested in learning How To Be A Bookie, it’s essential to approach the process with the same level of dedication and attention to detail.
Your dinner date is successful and you have decided to get married in 7-12 months. With your monthly salary, you know a good wedding is just a dream. What you do not know is that you can learn how to be a bookie and launch a betting service.
With a bookie, you get an extra source of income, which is more money. So, in a few months, you will have money to fund your wedding, go for a decent honeymoon, and remain with some savings.
Notably, you do not have to quit your job because you can operate your bookie business once you leave the workplace or during lunch hour. Here, Power Pay Per Head team teaches you how to be a bookie. With this guide, you can start making more money in a few minutes.
Create an Actionable Plan
Being a bookie is like any other entrepreneurship. So, it would help to create a business plan for your bookie.
This is where you write what you want for your business. Write the business goals and how you want to achieve them. Another thing you should write about is the money you are likely to use.
It would help to have a timeline. For example, you can decide to launch your bookie in seven days. Another thing to include in the timeline is finding a specific number of players by a certain date.
Lastly, remember to include the date you want to make a certain profit. Then, you can implement all requirements to reach the target profit.
For example, suppose you want to earn $1000 in profit in five months. You can specify what you need to do to earn that profit in five months.
Familiarize Yourself With the Industry
Have you ever placed a bet before and where? If you have, you know something about the betting industry. Otherwise, you need to at least wager once to get a hang of it.
The first thing to be a bookie is learning about the industry. Notably, there is so much to learn. From how betting works to why gamblers wager on one time over the other, you need to familiarize yourself with everything.
But, you need to look at it as a business owner and not a bettor. That way, you can utilize the weaknesses of bettors and the knowledge acquired to grow your profits.
If you do not watch games, start doing it. Also, read sports, poker, casino, and eSports news. Ideally, familiarize yourself with the gambling sector you wish to venture into.
Choose a Market
There are two ways of looking at this. One, you need to consider your target market. For example, you may want to offer betting services to college students and alumni, friends, fraternity groups, family, residents, or international clients.
Once you identify your market, you proceed to the second part of this; choosing a niche or the product you want to offer. For example, if your preferred clients are college students, you need to offer sports betting on college events including tennis, baseball, college football, and other popular events.
If your clients are international, you must include soccer, hockey, basketball, cricket, and other internationally recognized sports in your offering. Today, you do not have to stick to sports betting.
Instead, you can include several other platforms such as casinos, racebook, and eSports. That way, clients see you as a one-stop gambling platform.
So, instead of creating multiple accounts with different bookies, they can create one with you. Consecutively, you will make more money.
Find Out How Post Pay and Credit Bookies Work
Another thing you need to learn on how to be a bookie is that you can venture into the industry as a credit or post-pay bookie. The decision about becoming a post-pay or credit bookie should be determined by your target clients.
For example, if you are a private bookie dealing with clients you personally know and their referrals, you can become a credit bookie. On the other hand, you can become a posy pay bookie if you are dealing with strangers.
But, you can always choose to become both. This is where you ask your clients to deposit their funds to play. Then, after a few weeks or months, you can look at their betting history and determine whether they deserve to bet on credit.
You need to agree with credit bettors. Here, you need to discuss how they will pay their debts and when. Also, your clients will need to know when they can get their payment and how.
Recruit New Clients
Finding new clients is indeed a crucial step in becoming a successful bookie. Here are some effective methods to recruit quality clients for your sportsbook:
- Word of Mouth: Start by asking your friends and family to join your platform and place bets. Encourage them to refer their friends and acquaintances who might be interested in sports betting.
- Referral Program: Implement a referral program where existing clients are rewarded for bringing in new players. Offer incentives such as free bets or bonuses for successful referrals.
- Social Media Promotion: Utilize social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn to promote your bookie services. Engage with potential clients, share betting tips, and create compelling content to attract a wider audience.
- SEO Marketing: Optimize your website for search engines to improve its visibility and attract organic traffic. Use relevant keywords and create valuable content that appeals to your target audience.
- Local Events and Communities: Attend local sports events and engage with sports enthusiasts who might be interested in betting on college or local teams. Join online sports betting forums and communities to connect with potential clients.
- Affiliate Marketing: Partner with sports-related websites, blogs, or influencers to promote your bookie services. Offer them a commission for every referred player who signs up and wagers.
- Online Advertising: Invest in targeted online advertisements to reach a specific audience interested in sports betting. Platforms like Google Ads and social media ads allow you to reach potential clients based on their interests and demographics.
- Email Marketing: Build an email list and send regular updates, promotions, and betting tips to your subscribers. Keep them engaged and interested in your sportsbook offerings.
- Free Trials and Promotions: Offer free trials or sign-up bonuses to attract new clients and give them a taste of your betting platform. Once they experience the convenience and features of your sportsbook, they may become regular players.
- Customer Support: Provide excellent customer support to your existing clients, ensuring they have a positive experience with your sportsbook. Satisfied customers are more likely to refer your services to others.
Remember that building a client base takes time and effort. Focus on attracting quality clients who are responsible and have the potential to contribute to your bookie’s success. Provide a reliable and user-friendly betting platform to retain customers and encourage repeat business. Continuously monitor and adapt your marketing strategies to optimize client acquisition and retention.
Do You Have the Funds?
While being a self-employed entrepreneur is great, it has some drawbacks. For example, no one but you is responsible for funding your new business venture.
The amount of money you need depends on the size of your bookie. So, if you are a small bookie dealing with up to ten clients, you do not have a massive bankroll. The more clients you have, the bigger the bankroll should be.
Another thing that should determine how much money you need is how you want to launch your bookie. For example, a traditional bookie such as William Hill will need millions to launch. But, a pay per head bookie will need much less.
Here is why; when you take the William Hill concept, you pay for website development, sportsbook software, call center, rent a physical headquarters, licensing fee, IT expert, and employees’ salaries. Website development is approximately a minimum of $5600. If you need all bookmaking features, security measures, and other requirements that make you a competitive bookie, it might cost you more capital.
But, a pay per head bookie does not pay a massive initial cost. So, they do not need huge initial capital to launch or run their operations.
Working With a Pay Per Head Solution
Suppose you have decided to use a pay per head solution to launch your bookie instead of taking the William Hill route. You need to understand that a pay per head bookie is as competitive as traditional sportsbooks. Moreover, it has all the features that a traditional sportsbook website has.
So, the first step here is finding a pay per head solution provider. Fortunately, there are hundreds of these today. However, the hard part begins when you have to choose your ideal pay per head partner.
You need to consider several factors when choosing a price per head shop. These include;
- The years of experience and the expertise of the team running the PPH service
- The quality of the PPH sportsbook software
- Availability of customer services for agents and bettors
- Bookmaking tools
- The cost of the pay per head solution
There is more to consider. But, these should act as your guide.
As the name suggests, this concept allows you to pay for the services on an agreed basis. For example, your provider can give you a weekly fee for each player who wagers on your platform.
The pay per head fee is dependent on what you get and the company providing the services. Ideally, PPH shops charge between $5 and $30 per player.
Whichever fixed price you pay, ask your PPH shop what it covers. For example, you could choose a $5 PPH shop. But, the fee could cover five sports betting markets, a customized website, and a few bookmaking tools.
On the other hand, you could pay a few more dollars to get 24/7 customer support, 20 sports betting markets, a racebook, a casino, live betting, and other bookmaking features. Ideally, ensure you are getting value for your money.
Utilize the Free Trial Period
Taking advantage of a free trial period offered by certain pay per head shops can be a smart move for aspiring bookies. During this trial period, which typically lasts between two to six weeks, you can experience the benefits and features of the PPH sportsbook software without committing to a long-term subscription.
Here are the advantages of using the free trial period:
- Cost Savings: By utilizing the free trial, you can save some of your initial capital that would have otherwise been spent on subscription fees. This allows you to test the platform’s capabilities without any financial risk.
- Evaluate the Platform: The trial period gives you the opportunity to explore the PPH sportsbook software thoroughly. You can test its functionalities, user interface, and reporting tools to see if they meet your specific needs as a bookie.
- Learn the Features: During the trial, you can familiarize yourself with the various features and tools provided by the PPH shop. This firsthand experience helps you determine if the platform aligns with your business goals and strategies.
- Customer Support: You can evaluate the quality and responsiveness of customer support during the trial period. Assess how quickly the PPH shop addresses any issues or questions you may have, as reliable customer support is vital for a smooth bookie operation.
- Assess Suitability: Every bookie’s needs may differ, and what works for one may not work for another. The free trial allows you to assess whether the specific PPH shop’s platform aligns well with your target market and business model.
- No Obligation: Since the trial is free, you are under no obligation to subscribe to the services after the trial period. If you find that the platform does not meet your requirements, you can explore other options without any financial commitment.
- Confidence in the Service: PPH shops offering free trials are often confident in the value they provide. By using the trial, you can gauge the quality and reliability of their services before making a long-term decision.
Overall, taking advantage of a free trial period is a wise step for any aspiring bookie. It allows you to make an informed decision and choose the most suitable PPH sportsbook software for your business needs.
Launch Your Bookie and Take Betting Action
The last part of how to be a bookie is launching the betting platform. Here, you can add player profiles from the agent’s dashboard. Then, you can inform your clients that the platform is up and can start to place bets.