Anyone can run an online sportsbook using per head software. But, it takes only the best online gambling software to change your bookie from an average earning platform to a business you can rely on throughout the year.
While many businesses were economically affected in 2020, sports betting did not feel much heat. As soon as August, bookies had started to see betting revenue increase. With the National Hockey League, National Basketball Association, and Major League Baseball beginning their season in 2020, bettors returned to making bets on their internet devices, leading to a flourishing market.
Along with sportsbooks, pay per head (PPH) bookmakers grew by a year. More states legalized online gambling, creating opportunities for private bookies to step into the limelight.
Yet, sports betting is not the only thing that saw people betting. While most sports were postponed, bettors turned to play online casino games, live dealer games, and racebooks.
Generally, online gambling software helped operators run online gaming and betting while land-based properties were closed. Here is more about this software that will keep you making money even when unforeseen conditions affect other businesses.
What Is a Bookie?
You must have come across the word bookie as it is thrown everywhere in the sports betting industry and top films. The word bookie describes the person or company offering gambling services. This includes a per head agent, online sportsbooks, or the agent that takes your money and gives you a ticket at a physical establishment.
- PPH Sportsbook Agent: these are like the usual online sportsbook you have come across. However, instead of their software, they use pay per head software provided by a site like Power Pay Per Head.
- Online Sportsbooks: these are companies running gambling platforms under the same branding. For example, William Hill Sportsbook has a casino platform, a racebook platform, and a sports betting platform under the brand name William Hill.
- Physical Properties: these are bookies located in a building. For example, Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas is a physical bookie.
How Bookies Make Money Using Online Gambling Software
While each online gambling platform offers a different betting category, all of them make money by offering real online gambling options. The sportsbook industry has three types of bets: sportsbook betting, horse racing bets, and casino gaming.
This is a larger category with several subcategories, including:
- Sportsbook offers bets on traditional sports leagues such as National Basketball Association (NBA), National Football League (NFL), and National Hockey League (NHL). This category also covers bets on non-traditional sports such as Motor Racing, Politics, and TV. Bet options include moneyline, against the spread, and straight-up.
- Standard live and Premier Live: with the popularity of betting on ongoing matches, live betting has become an essential service. With standard live, your bettors can bet on basic live betting options. On the other hand, the premier live offers video feeds and game trackers.
- Props platforms: these are bets on teams and players playing in a league. For example, prop betting on quarter-lines, halftime lines, and star players.
Offering horse racing bets is different from sports or casino wagering. Unless you have the knowledge about them, it is advisable to avoid them to avoid losing money.
When it comes to horse racing platforms, racing tracks are dubbed as A, B, and C depending on their popularity. Most online gambling software provides betting options for tracks A and B categories.
- A tracks: these are the most popular tracks across the country. They include Belmont Park, Santa Anita Park, Aqueduct Racetrack, Keeneland Racecourse, Saratoga Racecourse, Del Mar Racetrack, Gulfstream Park, Fair Grounds Racetrack, and Oaklawn Park.
- B tracks: these are not popular but have several good markets. They include Emerald Downs in Washington state, Turf Paradise in Arizona, and Remington Park in Oklahoma.
Considering A tracks are more popular, bettors will wager on racing events happening on these tracks from 95-100 percent of the time. But, if you are less familiar with horse racing, consider offering bet markets from the top two horse racing events, including Breeders’ Cup Races and Triple Crown.
There are two types of betting under the casino category, including live dealer platforms and digital casinos.
- Live dealer platforms: these offer live casino games, including roulette, blackjack, poker, and baccarat.
- Digital casinos: these are virtual casinos with over 20 table games and tens of slot machines.
Power Pay Per Head Payment Solution
With online gambling software, both you and your clients get a method to fund your wallets. Once you become our client, you can use our payment solution without extra charges.
You can also add a premier casino, live options, premier props to increase betting action by 15 percent. Reach us today, and we will help you transfer your players to our digital platforms. We have ongoing offers, including running our digital platform for several weeks without paying a dime.